Epic Battles in 8mm
18 February 2019
My copy of Titandeath has finally arrived. Expect the fluff to start filtering into the Titans section over the coming weeks.
My very brief review:
- The background (fluff) section is short, but excellent. Considering how little background exists, almost anything is welcome.
- The rules for the eight Legios are also very good (Legios Astorum, Defensor, Aratus, Solaria, Mortis, Krytos, Fureans, and Vulpa). This greatly expands the selection of official Legios, and is getting to be enough that homebrew Legios can pick one as a "counts as," since there's bound to be one close to your own concept.
- The four additional Maniples are also great. These also add options and flavor to the game.
- The narrative missions are so-so. While each mission is decent enough in its own right, they don't really feel connected to the greater narrative of the book. I would have prefered a narrative campaign focused on a smaller slice of the conflict.
- The campaign system is very sparse, giving the bare bones for creating linked games, either event or map based. It would take quite a bit of work to flesh this out to something resembling a narrative campaign.
- The hostile battlefields section is very hit or miss, and leans more towards miss. The environmental effects therein tend to be overly deadly, to the point where they would dominate the game more than the players' actions.
- Overall, this book is a must have for any AT player, but don't expect all of it to shine.
11 February 2019
Added a few things to the Links section while I wait for Titandeath to show up.
05 February 2019
The Horus Heresy Weekender yielded quite a bit of AT18 news. Some of the high points:
- Doom of Molech will be the next book, and will include
- New Legios, including Legio Crucius (Warmongers), Legio Fortidus (Dauntless), Legio Vulcanum (Dirk Fire and Lords of Ruin), and Legio Interfector (Murder Lords)
- New Maniples, including an All-Kight Maniple
- 7 Knight Houses, including House Devine
- Kight and Titan Strategems
- New plastic building spires for Civitas Imperialis in plastic
- Resin Titan weapons will start coming out and will be available a-la-carte
- Grand Master Edition will be re-releaased for a limited time
- The Ordo Sinister will likely make an appearance in the book following Doom of Molech
- "Character Titans" are in the works for the future
- An Imperator kit would be very large and is still not in the plans
- Epic could be done as an expansion, but that's something for long down the road
22 January 2019
Titandeath will be released on January 26th, along with a Warlord Weapon Sprue that provides Plasma Annihilators, Laser Blasters, and Arioch Power Claw.
With the wealth of fluff that's in the new book, I'm looking forward to adding to the Titans files.
07 January 2019
Just this last weekend, Titandeath was further teased by GW, and should be out late this month if rumors are correct.
Also of interest to AT fans, Dan Abnett announced that he will eventually write a sequel to his excellent novel Titanicus, though it could be years befre that comes to pass.
I've posted a couple more terrain companies in the Links section, and though I've had hobby progress, I'm having issues coding it, so "soon."
01 November 2018
All the fluff from the AT18 rulebook is now in the Titans section.
29 October 2018
Forge World had a live stream about the future of AT18, and they have big plans… Assuming that the game's sales support those plans ofer time
A very, very short and incomplete summary:
- The first expansion book, Titandeath will be out in early 2019
- 100 pages dealing with the Beta Garmon campaign, with more Maniples, more Legios, more weapons/equipment, and a campaign system
- They plan to add new Titan classes up and down the current range
- More campaign books will follow with more battlefields and all the attendant goodies
- Psi-Titans will happen, as will Ursus Claws
- They want to expand the line slowly
- They plan to stay withing the confines of the Horus Heresy for the forseeable future
18 October 2018
Warhounds are now in the hands of players almost everywhere, completing the basic units for the game.
Sadly, GW has been silent on what's next for the game. There's plenty of things they've said they're going to do:
- Weapons packs for the current Titans
- The expansion book Titanfall with additional Legios and other expansion material
- More Titan classes
But they have not put any of it on their schedule yet, so there's no real way to tell what will come when. We'll just have to wait and see.
02 October 2018
A cool blog post: Gargants at Death of a Rubricist. Try them out!
01 October 2018
The upcoming release of the Warhound in two weeks will finish off the miniatures for basic units in the game — at long last.
I've also added a few more resources to the Links.
And more progress on my Quad Tower project in the Hobby area.
04 September 2018
Updated the Legios file in the Titans section with information out of the AT Rulebook.
Also started my first building project in the Hobby area.
23 August 2018
At long last, my Grand Master box has arrived, and it's amazing. Thankfully I've already had the rules in hand for almost a week, and I think my first projects will be:
- A Command Terminal for the Capitol Imperialis.
- Laser cut files for acrylic Command Terminals.
- Making an Imperial Cathedral from some of the building sprues.
15 August 2018
Welcome to Legio Titanicus!
AT18, which differentiates from the 1988 release of AT88, hits the shelves on 18 August 2018.
This site will have supplemental game material, information on Titans and Titan Legions, hobby logs and how-tos, and links to other resources around the web.
Things will be UNDER CONSTRUCTION for the next week or two while I digest the new rules, background, etc. Please pardon the dust.